Enrollment options now:
Enrollment for the current plan year ended on March 31, 2014. Outside of open enrollment periods, you can enroll in the Health Insurance Marketplace if you have certain life events or you have a "complicated situation." In these cases, Marketplace Guides can help you enroll through HealthCare.gov before November 15, 2014.
What counts as a "qualifying life event?"
- Getting married
- Having, adopting, or placement of a child
- Recent move into the state
- Loss of other health coverage through loss of a job, divorce, or loss of eligibility for Medicaid or CHIP
- Expiration of COBRA coverage
What counts as a "complicated situation?"
- Certain exceptional circumstances (hospitalization, natural disasters, system outages)
- System errors related to immigration status
- Display errors, error messages, or other system errors on HealthCare.gov
- Medicaid/Marketplace transfers
- Unresolved casework
- Victims of domestic abuse
You can get more information about these exceptions from the following resources:
What if I am already enrolled in Marketplace coverage?
For those already enrolled in Marketplace coverage, a change in income or household status that affects eligibility for tax credits or cost-sharing reductions should also be reported through HealthCare.gov. The next open enrollment period is November 15, 2014 through February 15, 2015. (More information on Reporting Life Changes )